African Integrated Community Based Development Initiative (AFRICODE) is a registered nonprofit NGO since Oct 2007 based in Nombe Village bordering the southern region of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- To promote vulnerable and marginalized peoples’ education and socio-economic development.
- To support capacity building innovations.
- To promote land and better shelter rights.
- To advocate for child and women’s equality rights
- To promote for improved primary healthcare and hygiene standards.
- To mobilize awareness for HIV/AIDS prevention.
- To advocate for benefit-sharing of marginalized Batwa whose lands have been declared Protected Areas (PA)
- To promote peace building and reconciliatory process.
- To integrate physical and spiritual development for outreach innovations.
- To sustainably raise funds and to support development activities and small business start-up costs
To advocate for the promotion of sustainable development, peoples’ rights, environmental conservation and development of ICT (Information and Communication Technology) for rural and marginalized communities more especially the youth, OVC (Orphans ad Vulnerable Children), widows and the poor living below the poverty line along protected areas Bwindi and Mgahinga Impenetrable National Parks.